Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Weekend Wounds

Easter Sunday came and went leaving behind a trail of fond memories, embarrassing home videos, and a leg ridden with oozing wounds.  Sorry for the graphic nature of this post, but Easter was a graphic holiday for me!  I was blessed to get the chance to go home so Easter morning I woke up to my over-enthusiastic sisters jumping on my makeshift bed encouraging me to join the festivities.  I hesitantly scuffled upstairs and joined in all the fun, which every activity was until about 11:00.  My older brother, Tanner and I decided to take a trip down memory lane, reminiscing on the good ole days of street hockey and backyard games.  The nostalgia went so far that we actually strapped ourselves into roller-blades from the 1990's and took them for a ride around the driveway.  In an attempt to gather speed, something most know I am good at doing being that I am a fast person just by nature(just kidding), I followed my dare-devil 26 year old brother up to the start of the driveway.  Physics quickly took over and my body weight pushed the "blades" right down the hill.  In an attempt to slow down and look cool by utilizing the brakes, I  lost my balance and landed hard on the concrete, scraping up my left leg and putting holes in my mothers gray pajama pants.  No worries for those of you who might be confused by the chain of events, my mom caught the whole incident on tape.

My sweet roommate took some photos of battle wounds so I could share them with you all...

The close-up just so everyone can get a really good look...


Don't worry I was wearing a helmet or else it could have been really bad!  My mother was so kind she dressed my wounds just like I was in elementary school again, and I am in sure I will be back in action in no time flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment