Thursday, May 13, 2010

All That Remains...

It seems four years has come and gone.  My walls are bare and my possessions lie stacked in my room.  How do you explain to a city, to a group of friends, to a way of life how much it changed your heart?  The girl I was four years ago never thought this day would come.  She never even thought she would survive four years in this tiny city, not only has she survived, but she has grown, changed and loved so deeply it feels as if her heart is ripping to have to say good-bye.

I wish my words were eloquent enough to portray my heart. I wish my thoughts could be written cohesively enough to explain how much this time has meant.  I have lived with the dearest souls a girl could know.  I have been taken care of by strangers who four years ago did not know I was alive.  I have been taught who Jesus is more deeply than I ever thought I would know and now I have to pack my life into boxes and start all over again.  I'm not meaning to be sappy or pitiful, I just need a moment to share my heart.  To tell Charlotte Hill how much she will be missed.  To tell Kaitlin Christian how much she has taught me.  To tell Sam Burke how grateful I am for her.  To tell the ones I love that their selflessness has changed my heart and and you will all go with me wherever I end up.

Bowling Green, I love you,  you have been the sweetness I have cherished for the last four years through all the tears and laughter I would never change a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment