Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hidden Gem







So Halifax is beautiful. I called my mother this morning as I was walking along the pier by the ocean. The weather was 70 and brilliantly sunny all day. It was magnificent. If ever anyone gets the chance come visit this town, it is truly a hidden gem that in twenty four hours brought restoration to my soul!

It was my first real day of a new country and I could bore you with the details, but I won't. All I will say is Bobbi Lee and I conquered the public transportation system, spent 3 exhausting hours in a Wal-Mart, ate incredible sushi and oh yea (molls & chels this is for you) officially tried my first Strongbow, which I quite enjoyed! All in all a beautiful day with the peace of the Lord abounding, how faithful He has been so far, I am in awe. I love you all and wish you could be here to bask in this beautiful place. I will leave with some picture though...

P.S. the pics are of where we ate lunch, dinner and hopscotch that was carved in the concrete. Oh and the skyline view from the pier.
P.P.S please make fun of us we are practically honeymooners posing by ourselves and taking pics of each other!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carley!! This is Amanda Veneman (twinhead, used to be West - whatev I know you know who this is!) I will read your blog! I love blogs =) I had no idea you were going on a semester at sea - thats so Real World!! HA! Excited to see all your adventures..

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures look awesome Carley!! Im glad your having a great time so far! Can't wait to hear about more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stongbow rocks!!! I think and talk about you everyday! I already miss you way too much. Keep the pics and posts flowing, I am loving them. Enjoy the world! Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carls I love you.

    Your life is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete