Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Espana...

It is the last day in Spain and I have found myself a park bench in Plaza del palillero with about seven other SAS students. We figured out that the plazas have free wi-fi, so we have hauled our computers and our Facebook starved bodies down the streets of Cadiz just to see whats going on in our worlds! Spain has been wonderful, relaxing, appetizing, historical, everything you would hope a visit to a foreign country would be really! I have tried to upload pictures, but for some reason I am having a very hard time. Hopefully soon I will be able to share something visual.

Cadiz is beautiful, there are two parts of the city-old and new. New is like Miama, kinda sleezy, but fun. Old is charming, the streets are cobblestone and narrow with tall buildings filled with tiny balconies and window boxes full of flowers. You do alot of walking and eating and exploring here. Yesterday I went on a trip to Sevilla, it was wonderful, so rich in history. We saw La Catedral and La Alcazar, so ornate, but so busy. Full of tourists, and hot hot hot.

Our final night in Cadiz I ventured out with two other darling girls, Olivia and Kate. We wandered around in search of a final dinner of Tapas and Sangria and not only did we find just that, but we managed to get two Italian men and one Russian as well! They were exceptionally entertaining. Before we knew it we had spent three hours having the most confused conversation. SO FUNNY...between my broken spanish, hand movements and their tiny amount of english we managed to understand each other and had a delightful time. I sound like a very dull old person, "delightful time"!

I wish my pictures would work so i could show you pictures, but as soon as I figure it out they will be up I promise. We have three hours left in Cadiz before we board ship and head to Morocco, then (get this!) we have one day onboard and then five days in Africa...Life has been really hard! The first six days of class were so exhausting, I'm really glad we got twelve days off! I can't wait to camel trek with the nomads in the Sahara. Don't miss too much!

LOVE LOVE LOVE....
Carley

1 comment: